Ideal for couples looking for a cool Cornish retreat, Blue Moon is a chic bohemian bolthole set in the endearing seaside town of St Ives.
Located just next to Moon Shadow, Blue Moon’s clever design and stylish details have transformed this modest fisherman’s cottage into cosy and creative space set across two levels. This makes it the perfect weekend bolthole for either a couple or a single traveller looking for somewhere more imaginative than the usual accommodation options in Cornwall.
Downstairs, there is an open plan kitchen and living area with a deep-set sofa and a Smart flatscreen TV. Just opposite the bottom of the stairs is the shower room.
Upstairs, the main bedroom has a custom-built super king size bed, a built-in wardrobe and a Smart TV – and the room feels wonderfully atmospheric thanks to the exposed rafters of the original roof. Next door, there is a dressing room with space to fit a cot.
DOWNLOAD THE BLUE MOON BROCHURE HERE.
Blue Moon is located on Porthmeor Road and is moments away from Porthmeor Beach on the northern side of the town, an area known for its thriving artist community. This means your feet can be in the sand mere minutes after stepping out of your front door. Although you are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in St Ives – a 5-minute stroll through the cobbled streets will bring you to Bamaluz, Porthgwidden and the harbour beach, along with dozens of high-quality restaurants, art galleries and craft shops.
HOW TO GET TO ST IVES
Nearest Railway: St Ives (14-minute walk)
Nearest Airport: Newquay (30 miles)
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Morning pastries at the St Ives Bakery
– Lunch at the Porthminster Kitchen
– Evening drinks at The Loft
– Dinner at Porthminster Beach Cafe
– Ice Cream treats at Moomaid of Zennor
– The Gurnard’s Head is one of our favourite pubs a little further afield.
Sip cocktails overlooking the harbour, sample some local Cornish ice cream or fudge and it would be crime not to have a pasty, or two.
– The Blue Bramble Gallery for paintings
– Beach hopping from Porthminster to Porthmeor
– Have a go at surfing or take a boat trip to Seal Island
– Visit the iconic Tate St Ives
– The Leach Pottery sells exquisite wares and offers day courses for those who want to try their hand at making ceramics
– Catch a show at the world famous Minack Theatre
- - Kitchen
- - Sitting Room with Sofa & TV
- - Shower & Loo
- - Super King Size Bedroom
- - Dressing Room with Space for a Cot
Bramley Bathroom Products