Set amidst the glorious Somerset countryside lies Halsdown Cottage, a newly built property with expansive gardens, wonderful views and a wonderful cosy atmosphere.
The cottage sleeps 5 and has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The lush green gardens surrounding the properties are perfect to enjoy the warmer months.
The cottage has a large double bedroom downstairs and bathroom next door. There is also a kitchen, dining room, cosy living room and utility room.
Upstairs in the cottage there is a double room and single which share a large bathroom. The single room also has a pull out mattress suitable for an extra child.
There is a private lawned garden with views down the rolling valley as well as a small outside terrace with a table and chairs perfect for al fresco dining and long summer nights with loved ones.
Please note, in low season Halsdown Cottage operates on a Monday and Friday changeover day. Guests are able to book Monday for 4 nights or 7 nights, and Friday for 3 nights or 7 nights. In high season Halsdown Cottage offers 7-night bookings from Fridays only.
Please note, Halsdown Cottage does not allow dogs.
Halsdown Cottage is outside of the small hamlet of Waterrow. Wiveliscombe is a town 4 miles away and the house is surrounded by glorious Somerset countryside perfect for long walks and exploring the area.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to Halsdown Cottage.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for four to six cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Rock Inn, Waterrow is the local pub and is open in the evenings as well as lunch times on Fridays and Saturdays. It is open the first Sunday of every month for lunch. The pub is 1.6 miles from the house via country lanes.
– The Swan in Bampton is an award-winning gastro pub about 15 minutes from the house. It is well known for its fabulous service and tasty food.
– The Exmoor National Park is a huge area of 267 square miles which spans north Devon and west Somerset. Bordering the sea, the National Park includes incredible landscapes, woodland and farmland, and one of the finest walking areas in Britain.
– The Tarr Steps are in the National Park and is a clapper (stone) bridge across the River Barle.
– Hestercombe House and Gardens is a period property with stunning 50 acre gardens spanning 3 centuries of garden design. It also has a restaurant and café and art gallery.
– Dunster Castle and Watermill, an ancient castle and stately home cared for by The National Trust, is a 35-minute drive away. It has dramatic views and sub tropical gardens and well worth a visit.
– Dunster Beach is the nearest coastal area and is a wide expanse of sand and pebble beaches. Nearby is the seaside town of Minehead.
– Putsborough and Croyde beaches are well known for surfing and family days out and are well set up for visitors. These are around 1.5hrs/50 miles from the house.
- - Kitchen
- - Super-King Bedroom with En-suite Shower Room
- - Dining Room
- - Sitting Room
- - Loo
- - Utility Room
- - Twin/Super-King Bedroom
- - Single Bedroom with Pull Out Mattress
- - Shared Bathroom
- - Terrace
- - Seating Area
- - Private Lawn
Outdoor Dining Area
No Dogs Allowed
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 3 Night Bookings