Set amidst the glorious Somerset countryside lies Halsdown Farm, a newly built property with expansive gardens, wonderful views and an impressive indoor swimming pool built into the hillside.
The house sleeps 14 across two buildings – the main house, which has four bedrooms and four bathrooms, and the cottage, which has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, that is just 30 metres away up some steps. The lush green gardens surrounding the properties are perfect for larger parties to enjoy the warmer months, and the spectacular heated indoor pool is a fantastic addition for guests to enjoy all year round.
The main house has a large open-plan kitchen and dining room with stunning views of the garden and is a great space for entertaining. The central log burner is an impressive design feature which creates a welcoming atmosphere and is ideal on those chillier nights. There is a lovely living area the other side of the dining room which is a great space to relax with a coffee and read the morning papers. There is also a utility room with washing machine and dryer if you require it.
The cottage has a large double bedroom downstairs and bathroom next door. There is also a kitchen, dining room, cosy living room and utility room.
The main house has three en-suite super-King bedrooms and one twin bedroom with a bathroom just next door. The twin bedroom has a day bed and a further pull out underneath which can accommodate another two children.
Upstairs in the cottage there is a double room and single which share a large bathroom. The single room also has a pull out mattress suitable for an extra child.
There are two gloriously large lawns and a pretty terrace area for guests to enjoy. There is also a dining area and BBQ perfect for al fresco dining and long summer nights with loved ones. The indoor swimming pool is built into the rocks and has stunning views across the Somerset countryside. There is a further shepherd’s hut which has been fitted with desks, WiFi and seating, ideal for remote working during your stay.
Please note, in low season Halsdown Farm operates on a Monday and Friday changeover day. Guests are able to book Monday for 4 nights or 7 nights, and Friday for 3 nights or 7 nights. In high season Halsdown Farm offers 7-night bookings from Fridays only.
DOWNLOAD HALSDOWN FARM BROCHURE HERE.
Please note, Halsdown Farm does not allow dogs. Halsdown Farm is a fantastic property of an exceptional standard which should be treated with care. The property is perfect for a getaway with family or friends, but is not suitable for a group who might wish to have a big party during their stay, such as a Stag or Hen event.
Halsdown Farm is outside of the small hamlet of Waterrow. Wiveliscombe is a town 4 miles away and the house is surrounded by glorious Somerset countryside perfect for long walks and exploring the area.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to Halsdown Farm.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for six to eight cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Rock Inn, Waterrow is the local pub and is open in the evenings as well as lunch times on Fridays and Saturdays. It is open the first Sunday of every month for lunch. The pub is 1.6 miles from the house via country lanes.
– The Swan in Bampton is an award-winning gastro pub about 15 minutes from the house. It is well known for its fabulous service and tasty food.
– The Exmoor National Park is a huge area of 267 square miles which spans north Devon and west Somerset. Bordering the sea, the National Park includes incredible landscapes, woodland and farmland, and one of the finest walking areas in Britain.
– The Tarr Steps are in the National Park and is a clapper (stone) bridge across the River Barle.
– Hestercombe House and Gardens is a period property with stunning 50 acre gardens spanning 3 centuries of garden design. It also has a restaurant and café and art gallery.
– Dunster Castle and Watermill, an ancient castle and stately home cared for by The National Trust, is a 35-minute drive away. It has dramatic views and sub tropical gardens and well worth a visit.
– Dunster Beach is the nearest coastal area and is a wide expanse of sand and pebble beaches. Nearby is the seaside town of Minehead.
– Putsborough and Croyde beaches are well known for surfing and family days out and are well set up for visitors. These are around 1.5hrs/50 miles from the house.
- - Open-plan Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Utility Room
- - Loo
- - Super-King Master Bedroom & En-suite with Bath & Shower
- - Super-King Bedroom & En-suite with Bath & Shower
- - Super-King Bedroom & En-suite with Bath
- - Twin Bedroom with Day Bed & Pull Out Mattress
- - Bathroom with Shower
- - Kitchen
- - Super-King Bedroom with Bathroom Next Door
- - Dining Room
- - Sitting Room
- - Loo
- - Utility Room
- - Super-King Bedroom
- - Single Bedroom with Pull Out Mattress
- - Shared Bathroom
- - Terrace
- - BBQ
- - Seating Area
- - Large Lawn
- - Indoor Pool
Indoor Swimming Pool
Outdoor Dining Area
No Dogs Allowed
Electric Vehicle Charging Point
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Great house for groups - loved the snooker table, swimming pool and table football. Also a super little room for the children to watch TV / play. House very well appointed, nice bed linen and lots of towels for the pool. Beautiful property - thank you.
We loved the house - impeccably designed, really beautiful and faultless in every way. The property was luxurious and exceeded our expectations.