Just outside of St Kew in the north Cornish countryside and 7 miles from Rock, sits Lemail House, a beautiful 18th century Grade II listed farmhouse.
Lemail House is set at the end of a country lane, with stunning gardens and access to surrounding fields and woodland. It sleeps 8 in four bedrooms and is beautifully decorated with bright colours, comfortable furnishings and has all of the modern appliances needed for a relaxing family holiday.
The house is just a short distance from the busy seaside towns of Rock and Polzeath, and is the ideal location to enjoy all of the north Cornish coastline including; surfing, sailing, golden sandy beaches and an abundance of great restaurants in and around the nearby seaside towns. A perfect oasis to come back to after a busy day in the surf!
There is a farmhouse kitchen with an Everhot cooker, a separate utility room and a large dining room seating 8. The gorgeous sitting room is well set up for nights by the open fire with lots of sofa space and a flat screen TV. There is a downstairs loo and hallway leading to the garden.
Very conveniently, all four bedrooms are all on one level. The Master bedroom is a super king with en-suite shower room, bedrooms 2 and 3 are super king or twins, and bedroom 3 has an en-suite shower room. Bedroom 4 has a set of bunk beds. There is a family bathroom and a separate loo for bedrooms 2 and 4.
There are extensive gardens to explore, an outside seating space, stunning wild meadows to wander through and lovely views to the surrounding countryside. There is a ping pong table also to keep teenagers (and adults!) occupied.
Lemail House is happy to accept up to two dogs for a fee of £30 per dog. We kindly ask that dogs are never left unattended, and do not go on any furniture or upstairs. There is a kennel available at the house.
DOWNLOAD THE LEMAIL HOUSE BROCHURE HERE.
Lemail House is just outside of St Kew, where you will find the famous eatery The St Kew Inn, and Wadebridge, with its small independent shops and larger supermarkets. The famous seaside town of Rock is a short drive away, with its sailing club and great restaurants from well known chefs such as Paul Ainsworth and the infamous St Enedoc Hotel and golf course.
Polzeath is also nearby with its bustling surf scene and splendid beachside cafés.
Padstow is also just around the estuary, a charming fishing port made famous by Rick Stein and now a hub of shops and restaurants. Port Isaac is a beautiful fishing port nearby with narrow streets and traditional Cornish houses, fresh fish market, restaurants and delicious ice cream parlours.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to Lemail House.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking at the house.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The St Kew Inn is well known in the area. This pub serves local fresh food, in a delightful traditional pub setting, well worth booking in advance.
– Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen may be the smallest and quirkiest building for a restaurant in Cornwall, but a gorgeous place for a special dinner right looking out over the harbour.
– The Mariners, Rock, once a haunt for rowdy teenagers, this pub has been transformed into a smart eatery for holiday makers with lovely views over the estuary.
– Pencarrow House is nearby and has stunning gardens.
– Rock beach is pretty and very safe for little ones as its on the estuary.
– Polzeath beach is a huge expanse of sand with lots of surf schools and hire shops operating. It’s a great place to pick up surfing or body boarding.
– Rock has sailing boats, water-skiing, SUP and kayaks all for hire or with tuition as an option.
– The Eden Project, Trelissick, Lost Gardens of Heligan are a drive away but worth visiting.
– Daymer Bay, a lovely beach with large hills to climb on one side with stunning views.
- - Kitchen
- - Sitting Room
- - Dining Room
- - Utility Room with Dishwasher & Fridge
- - Loo
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Bed & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Twin/Super King Bedroom
- - Twin/Super King Bedroom & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Bunk Bed Room
- - Family Bathroom with Separate Loo
- - Private Parking
- - Manicured Gardens
- - Seating Area
- - Ping Pong Table
- - Access to Surrounding Fields & Woodland
Super Fast Broadband
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Private Garden & Countryside Views
Dog-Friendly. Max. 2 Dogs. £30 per Dog.
Outdoor Dining Area
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 3 Night Bookings
A wonderful stay at Lemail house. The house and grounds are spectacular beautifully kept garden and huge fields and woodland surrounding. The house is amazing so spacious yet a very homely feel to it. Lovely open fires which was a massive plus. Super comfy beds and fresh linens. Kitchen fully stocked with everything you would need. Overall we couldn’t recommend this house enough. We will be returning soon for sure.