A striking place to stay in Praa Sands, the not so ‘little’ Little Cottage is clearly something of a misnomer, given that it is one of the finest beach house rentals in Cornwall.
The Cornish family holiday home of Soho House architect Alex Michaelis, Little Cottage has been artfully designed to create a stylish yet comfortable home.
On the ground floor the beach house has a large open-plan kitchen and living area with a separate TV/games room. Morning light floods through the floor to ceiling windows and the large breakfast bar provides the perfect spot to soak up the incredible view, sunrise or sunset.
Here are three sea-view bedrooms with super king size beds and en-suite bathrooms, each with a shower and roll top bathtub. A further four people can be accommodated in the bunk room next to the television room downstairs.
Outside, guests can relax on the outdoor sofas, and in the giant hammock and Jacuzzi — or make use of the trampoline, Ping Pong table and slide. But the loveliest attraction of all is mere moments away from the front door, down a small path that leads from the garden to the beautiful Praa Sands beach.
With its fantastic open space and coastal location, Little Cottage is fully equipped for a memorable family holiday in Cornwall.
HOW TO GET TO PRAA SANDS
One of the most exceptional beaches in Cornwall, Praa Sands boasts sand so white it could rival the Caribbean and tempting Cornish water to cool off in. Located in the southwest bend of Cornwall, this mile-long sandy stretch will make you re-think whether you ever need bother with an airport again.
Despite being a favourite with families and surfers, the beach is big enough to never feel crowded. And in Praa Sands village, you’ll find a general store, fish and chip shop, post office, and the Praa Sands Golf & Country Club.
FOOD & DRINK
– Revel in nearby Porthleven’s local fare
– Rick Stein’s flagship location, The Seafood Restaurant
– Delectable seafood fusion at Kota Kai
– The Brewhouse for Origins coffee and spongey homemade cakes
– Amélies for bistro style relaxed food on their pretty terrace
– Enjoy an active surfing holiday with private lessons from the Dan Joel Surf School
– Admire the contemporary art installations of Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens
– Take a fishing trip with Mermaid trips leaving daily from Penzance
– Spot seals and dolphins walking the many beaches of Cornwall
– Catch a show at the world famous outdoor Minack Theatre
– Visit the landmark of all landmarks at Land’s End to gaze across to the Longships Lighthouse
- - Sitting Room
- - Dining Room
- - Kitchen
- - Utility Room/Wet Room
- - TV/Games Room
- - Bunk Room with En Suite
- - 3 Bedrooms with Super King Beds
- - En Suite Bathroom with Roll Top Bathtubs
- - Outdoor Seating
- - Jacuzzi
- - Fat Boy Hammock
- - Trampoline & Slide
- - Ping Pong Table
- - Hot Shower
Roll Top Bathtubs
Milk, Eggs & Bread