A striking place to stay in Praa Sands, the not so ‘little’ Little Cottage is clearly something of a misnomer, given that it is arguably the finest family beach house in Cornwall.
The Cornish family holiday home of Soho House architect Alex Michaelis, Little Cottage has been artfully designed to create a stylish yet comfortable home.
On the ground floor the beach house has a large open plan kitchen and living area with a separate TV/games room. Morning light floods through the floor to ceiling windows and the large breakfast bar provides the perfect spot to soak up the incredible view, sunrise or sunset.
Here are three sea-view bedrooms with super king size beds and en-suite bathrooms, each with a shower and roll top bathtub. A further four people can be accommodated in the bunk room next to the television room downstairs.
Outside, guests can relax on the outdoor sofas, and in the giant hammock – or make use of the hot tub, Weber charcoal BBQ, trampoline, Ping Pong table and slide. But the loveliest attraction of all is mere moments away from the front door, down a small path that leads from the garden to the beautiful Praa Sands beach.
With its fantastic open space and coastal location, Little Cottage is fully equipped for a memorable family holiday in Cornwall.
DOWNLOAD THE LITTLE COTTAGE BROCHURE HERE.
One of the most exceptional beaches in Cornwall, Praa Sands boasts sand so white it could rival the Caribbean and tempting Cornish water to cool off in. Located in the southwest bend of Cornwall, this mile-long sandy stretch will make you re-think whether you ever need bother with an airport again.
Despite being a favourite with families and surfers, the beach is big enough to never feel crowded. And in Praa Sands village, you’ll find a general store, fish and chip shop, post office, and the Praa Sands Golf & Country Club.
Praa Sands in conveniently located in between the historic port of Penzance, just a 17-minute drive away and the lovely fishing port of Porthleven, just a 10-minute drive away.
FOOD & DRINK
Head to nearby Porthleven for some great places to eat including:
• The world famous Rick Stein’s The Seafood Restaurant.
• Delectable seafood fusion at Kota Kai and its sister
restaurant Kota. The former is best for lunch and
the latter for dinner.
• Origins coffee’s original location. Enjoy their feature brews, delicious cakes and harbour views.
• Amélies for bistro style relaxed food on their pretty terrace.
• Enjoy an active surfing holiday with private lessons from the Dan Joel Surf School, available from Easter until October.
• Admire the contemporary art installations and
large-scale tropical plants at the Tremenheere Sculpture Gardens, just a 15-minute drive away.
• Take a fishing trip with Mermaid Pleasure Trips
leaving daily from nearby Penzance.
• Enjoy one of many beach and nature walks near
• Catch a play at the world famous open-air cliff side
• Spend a day at the landmark of all landmarks,
Land’s End, where you can enjoy nature walks, local
restaurants and magnificent coastal views.
Please note that seasonality may affect opening times.
- - Sitting Room
- - Dining Room
- - Kitchen
- - Utility Room/Wet Room
- - TV/Games Room
- - Bunk Room with En-Suite
- - 3 Bedrooms with Super King Beds
- - En-Suite Bathroom with Roll Top Bathtubs
- - Outdoor Seating
- - Hot Tub
- - Fat Boy Hammock
- - Trampoline & Slide
- - Ping Pong Table
- - Hot Shower
Small - Medium Dogs Accepted For £30 Per Dog Per Week
Roll Top Bathtubs
Group & Family-Friendly
Milk, Eggs & Bread