Moon Shadow’s interior combines the raw and the refined, drawing on both ocean-inspired and industrial design styles. A daring one-bedroom cottage, it provides a wondrous cove for any visitors to St Ives.
The first half of the open-plan living space has a deep chesterfield sofa, coffee table and 40″ Smart TV above an electric fireplace, creating an utterly tempting space to relax. The L-shaped kitchen divides the space from the living area, with a compact larder fridge and a breakfast bar dining area. At the back is the downstairs loo.
The one bedroom feels surprisingly spacious as it sits under the rafters, easily fitting in a 6ft super king bed, a Smart TV, ample storage, and a walk-in shower area — it is a space that oozes style. Meticulously thought-out to maximise the compact size of the cottage, Moon Shadow is easily one of the most distinct holiday lets in St Ives.
This is one of the most private and romantic cottages to rent in Cornwall. Stylish textures combine with mirrors and superb lighting to give a glamorous atmosphere that somehow also feels rustic. With underfloor heating and a fully equipped kitchen, the finish to this cottage is exceptional.
DOWNLOAD THE MOON SHADOW BROCHURE HERE.
Moon Shadow is located on Porthmeor Road and is moments away from Porthmeor Beach on the northern side of the town, an area known for its thriving artist community. This means your feet can be in the sand mere minutes after stepping out of your front door. Although you are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches in St Ives — a five-minute stroll through the cobbled streets will bring you to Bamaluz, Porthgwidden and the harbour beach, along with dozens of high-quality restaurants, art galleries and craft shops.
HOW TO GET TO ST IVES
Nearest Railway: St Ives (14-minute walk) Nearest Airport: Newquay (30 miles). Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
FOOD & DRINK
– Morning pastries at the St Ives Bakery
– Lunch at the Porthminster Kitchen
– Evening drinks at The Loft
– Dinner at Porthminster Beach Cafe
– Ice Cream treats at Moomaid of Zennor
– The Gurnard’s Head is one of our favourite pubs a little further afield.
Sip cocktails overlooking the harbour, sample some local Cornish ice cream or fudge and it would be crime not to have a pasty, or two.
– The Blue Bramble Gallery for paintings
– Beach hopping from Porthminster to Porthmeor
– Have a go at surfing or take a boat trip to Seal Island
– Visit the iconic Tate St Ives
– The Leach Pottery sells exquisite wares and offers day courses for those who want to try their hand at making ceramics
– Catch a show at the world famous outdoor Minack Theatre
- - Sitting Room
- - Kitchen
- - Loo
- - Super King Size Bedroom
- - Shower Room