stonehouseOxfordshire The Cotswolds
Stonehouse is a beautifully renovated 5-bedroom Cotswold stone house with a large garden in the pretty village of Weston-on-the-Green. The village is located just 5 miles from Bicester village and under 15 minutes drive from the centre of Oxford.
Just moments from two village pubs and village shop, Stonehouse is a perfect getaway for a large family or group of friends wanting to explore Oxford and the Cotswolds.
The main feature of the house is the beautifully designed open plan kitchen/dining room with large bi-fold doors opening up to the spacious garden and terrace area. The kitchen is fully equipped with Siemens appliances, and has space for 6-8 people around the dining table and extra seating at the breakfast bar. Guests can also relax in a further seating area perfect for a coffee and the morning papers. The snug features a large inglenook fireplace with wood burner and large comfy sofa with TV and SKY Q.
There is a further sitting room with a wood burner, sofas, library, board games and an office area with iMac for guest use. A relaxing space with no TV, the snug has been designed with peace or great conversation in mind!
Just off the kitchen is the downstairs loo and utility/boot-room with garden access.
Within the main house there are four stunning bedrooms and a further bedroom in The Bothy just next door. Guests will love the master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, four poster King size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain shower and separate bath.
Bedroom 2 shows many original 18th century features including dark beams, curved walls and a fireplace. This double room is decorated with pretty greys and pinks.
Bedroom 3 has a double bed.
Bedroom 4 has a double bed and a dressing table.
Bedroom 5 has a beautifully decorated en-suite bedroom and sumptuous King size four poster bed and is located in a private, adjacent building.
Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 share a family bathroom and all bathrooms include luxury products from The White Company.
DOWNLOAD THE STONEHOUSE BROCHURE HERE.
Please note, Stonehouse does not allow pets.
The village of Weston-on-the-Green sits on the edge of the Cotswolds, just a few miles from Bicester town and the famous “Bicester Village” retail outlets. It is 15 minutes from beautiful Oxford filled with impressive buildings steeped in history and all of the attractions of the Cotswolds nearby.
The village is just over 1 hour away from west London in good traffic, straight up the M40. It is another hour down the M40 from Birmingham, or 1 hour and 30 minutes from Bristol. Chipping Norton in the Cotswolds is just 30 minutes away.
Private parking is available on the property’s driveway where there is room for 5-6 cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Ben Johnson is the local pub and serves great food and is stumbling distance away.
– The Milk Shed is a local favourite and serves breakfast, lunches, coffee and ice cream amongst other things, again just walking distance from the house. It’s always busy so get there early to bag a table!
– The Old Flight House is a unique antique house with “refreshingly different” antiques with over 70 stalls, the café is a calmer affair than The Milk Shed and serves delicious food.
– Further afield The Crazy Bear and Raymond Blanc’s Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons within a 15th century manor are well worth a visit.
– For Soho House members, nearby Soho Farmhouse is always a familiar comfort and is 20 minutes away.
– Bicester Village, the home to hundreds of top, designer brands, is a short drive away and is a great day out.
– Founded in 1683, The Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology houses collections ranging from Egyptian mummies to contemporary art and brings tales from around the world to Oxford.
– Celebrated throughout the world as one of the most extensive collection of texts and manuscripts, Bodleian Libraries, of The University of Oxford, is worth a visit for the whole family.
– The award-winning Museum of Natural History was established in 1860 and still attracts both scientists and public alike.
– Punting in Oxford at the Cherwell Boathouse.
– The birthplace of Churchill, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock is also a great option to visit.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Living Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Snug
- - Utility/Boot Room
- - Loo
- - Master Bedroom with King Size Bed & En-Suite Bathroom
- - Bedroom 2 with Double Bed
- - Bedroom 3 with Double Bed
- - Bedroom 4 with Double Bed
- - Bedroom 5 with King Bed & En-Suite in separate Building
- - Large Garden
- - Outdoor Dining Area
- - Grill BBQ
- - Outdoor Sofas, Seating Area & Coffee Table
Private Garden & Outdoor Dining Area
Smart TV & Netflix
The White Company Bathroom Products
Nespresso Coffee Machine
Log Wood Burner
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Highchair & Cot
No Pets Allowed