Hidden in the depths of the Devonshire countryside, The Barn is an utterly secluded* holiday rental, ideal for romantics. Renovated to the Beachspoke standard with stylish details and amenities you didn’t even know you needed, it is one of the most delightful places to stay in Devon.
Set across the first floor of a converted thatched barn, it includes a bedroom with en suite shower at one end of the property and a kitchen and living area at the other end. Linking them together is a wonderfully romantic bathroom with a vintage silver roll top bath tub.
Views of the rolling Blackdown Hills are the focal point of each room, with large windows in the bathroom and bedroom encouraging you to stop whatever you are doing and simply sit and admire.
The open-plan kitchen, however, might distract you with its Bosch touchscreen oven — ideal for preparing a lazy feast in after a day of hiking. In the sitting room, meanwhile, you can relax with a film on the smart TV thanks to Amazon Fire Stick, or stream your own music via the Bluetooth speakers.
DOWNLOAD THE BARN BROCHURE HERE.
*Please note, The Barn share grounds with a main house, but the owners are rarely there and will never disturb you. The eco-friendly ethanol fireplace is purely decorative and only lasts for 4.5 hours which the property manager can refuel for a small fee.
Cotleigh is a picturesque and tiny village situated at the foot of the Blackdown Hills in the heart of the unspoilt and partly wooded farmland of East Devon. It is about 3 miles to the east of the market town of Honiton.
HOW TO GET TO COTLEIGH
Cotleigh is a 3.5-hour drive from London or a 1.5-hour drive from Bath. The nearest train stations are Honiton, just under a 10-minute drive away and Taunton, which is a 40-minute drive away. Detailed directions to The Barn are provided upon booking.
A couple of miles further south is the spectacular Jurassic Coast, which has been deemed a world heritage site for its rugged cliffs that plunge into the teaming sea, and for its extraordinary collection of fossils.
FOOD & DRINK
– Afternoon Tea at The Pig at Combe in a Grade-I listed house
– Royal Oak Farm Shop for a world famous cream tea
– Dog-friendly Boston Tea Rooms for a delightful breakfast menu
– Hare & Hounds for a traditional country pub Carvery
– River Cottage HQ for banquets on long, wooden tables
– Admire the artistic work within the Thelma Hulbert Gallery
– Local market town Taunton is brimming with independent shops
– Dartmoor National Park to tread the many paths with fury friends in tow
– An expedition around the village is particularly recommended
– Charmouth Beach – BBC Countryfile Magazine nominated for one of the UK’s best beaches
- - Sitting Room
- - Dining Area
- - Bedroom
- - En Suite
- - Kitchen
- - Patio with Table & Chairs
Copper Roll Top Bathtub
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Decorative Ethanol Fireplace