the bledington barnThe Cotswolds
The Bledington Barn could not have a more picturesque location, right on the edge of the green in Bledington and a stone’s throw from the fantastic Kings Head pub.
This is a luxurious eco-friendly property for up to six guests situated in the heart of the Cotswolds, and the pre-existing, 300 year old, dilapidated barn was beautifully renovated, recycling and re-purposing the majority of old materials, to create a spacious property set against exposed stone and original oak beams.
The original cowshed window now houses the bathroom mirror, the hay loft ladder is now a towel rail, old engineering bricks have been cleaned up and work fabulously in tandem with the underfloor heating powered by a wood pellet boiler.
The open plan double height living room comfortably seats at least seven guests. The dining area caters for eight and the kitchen with Gaggenau appliances is a cook’s dream. The kitchen has a separate breakfast area seating five. There is a downstairs antique wooden ‘throne’ loo and a separate dedicated laundry space.
Upstairs are the three bedrooms, sleeping a maximum of five adults and one child: the master with a king size bed and en-suite shower room. The second bedroom can be a twin or a double, and the third bedroom has a single sleigh bed and a washbasin. A pull-out trundle bed gives additional space for one extra child*. The family bathroom has a bath with a shower, loo and two beautiful Corian basins.
*If the pull-out trundle bed is used, it should be noted that the space is limited and therefore it is not possible for two adults to use this room, it can sleep 1 adult and 1 child or 2 children. Please let us know if you require the trundle bed well in advance due to the need to move furniture around.
The Bledington Barn is located in the heart of the picturesque Cotswold village of the same name. Famed for its charming village green complete with swings, ducks and ice cream sold from the shepherds hut.
HOW TO GET TO BLEDINGTON
The next-door village of Kingham provides a train station with direct trains to London (86 minutes). Daylesford Organic Farm and Haybarn Spa is less than a 5-minute drive away and Soho Farmhouse is just under 10 miles away. Bledington is approximately 25 miles from Oxford and Cheltenham.
FOOD & DRINK
– Immerse yourself in the grandeur of Blenheim Palace
– Sip on local ales at Hook Norton Brewery or spirits at Cotswolds Distillery
– Sample wonderfully sourced produce at Daylesford Organic Farm. The Haybarn Spa is particularly lovely for those in need of a spot of pampering
– Get up close and personal with the lions at the Cotswolds Wildlife Park
– Hire a bike with Ty Cycles in Chipping Norton
- - Sitting Room
- - Dining Room
- - Kitchen
- - Master Bedroom with King Size Bed & En-Suite Bathroom
- - Second Bedroom with Double/Twin Beds
- - Third Bedroom with Single Sleigh Bed & Trundle Bed
- - Terrace with Gas BBQ & Outdoor Dining Table
- - No Access To Lawn, But Beautiful Village Green Just A Stone's Throw.
Under Floor Heating
Cot & Highchair