Receive a complimentary Sapling Bloody Mary Set when you book a Winter Getaway at Home Farm. Full offer details here.
Located on the Scottish west coast, just five minutes outside the pretty seaside town of Oban, Home Farm is a newly restored five-bedroom house, surrounded by four acres of private woodland in the peaceful West Highlands.
With parts of the house dating back to the 1600s, Home Farm is the oldest building in the glen. Recently restored by its owner, Home Farm features some wonderful design work, including artwork from local artists, a bespoke croft bed and open fires. The surrounding grounds belong to Home Farm and are host to a variety of wildlife including deer, owls and red squirrel.
Home Farm is beautifully designed and the perfect location for a family gathering or group of friends to enjoy stunning gardens, natural surroundings and a bustling local town.
Downstairs features a large farmhouse kitchen, dining and living room with open fire, separate snug with record player and open fire, one super-King/twin bedroom and a downstairs shower room.
Upstairs there are four bedrooms all with en–suite bathrooms – three King bedrooms and one double. All the bedrooms have stunning views of the secluded grounds and woodland.
A covered terrace has an eating area and BBQ. There is a pretty lawned area outside of the main sitting room, and four acres of private grounds and woodland to explore.
Home Farm is happy to accept up to two dogs for a fee of £40 per dog. We kindly ask that dogs are never left unattended, do not go on any of the furniture or upstairs, and are kept on a lead in the garden and grounds. There is a hose and towels in the Byre (laundry room) at the back of the house for cleaning and drying dogs.
The owner lives close by in a separate annex but has a separate entrance, driveway and garden so will never disturb you during your stay. Their details, should you require them, are provided at the point of booking.
Home Farm is a 5-minute drive or a 20-minute walk from the fishing town of Oban, in the West Highlands of Scotland. The Isle of Mull and Inner Hebrides are a boat ride away, 1.5hrs from Loch Lomond and 2.5hrs from Glasgow.
Oban is a charming west coast seaside town. Being the seafood capital of Scotland it is filled with restaurants and seafood stalls. Oban is home to one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland that of the world-famous Oban Whisky. Oban is the perfect location for those looking to explore some of Scotland’s most rugged and stunning landscapes as well as any number of the inner Hebridean islands via simply hopping on a ferry.
Home Farm is a 2.5hrs drive from Glasgow, or you can take the impressive train route from Glasgow to Oban then take a 5-minute taxi from the station.
To drive from west London would take 8-9hrs, or there are direct flights to Glasgow from London Stansted, Heathrow and Gatwick, Bristol, Exeter and Birmingham.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for five cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Etive Restaurant is an acclaimed restaurant in Oban offering creative, locally sourced food.
– Ee-Usk is a glass fronted restaurant with views of the bay, serving locally caught fish and seafood.
– Coast is another great find in Oban, serving locally sourced meat, fish and seafood.
– Roxy’s Tea And Coffee House serves breakfast, light lunches, hot drinks and cakes. A great local option in Oban.
– Kerrera Tea Garden & Bunkhouse is a great option if out on a day trip in Kerrara. With stunning views and spectacular location, this little spot is perfect for some refreshments.
– A day trip to one of many islands. Kerrera, Mull, Iona, Staffa.
– Visit one of the many castles dotted around Argyll.
– Oban Distillery is a world renowned Whisky distillery which offers tours and sampling.
– Seafari offers marine wildlife boat trips to see whales, dolphins, seals, eagles, gannets and much more.
– Ganavan Sands, is a golden sandy beach a few miles from Oban town centre.
– Sea Kayak Scotland is a fabulous way to take in the dramatic coastline and scenery.
- - Farmhouse Kitchen
- - Sitting/Dining Room
- - Snug Room
- - Super-King/Twin Room
- - Shower Room with Loo
- - King Bedroom & En-Suite Shower Room
- - King Bedroom & En-Suite with Bath & Shower
- - King Bedroom & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Double Bedroom & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Covered Terrace
- - BBQ
- - Seating Area
- - Lawn
- - Woodland
4 Acres of Private Ground & Woodland
SMART TV & Cinema Projector
Outdoor Dining Area
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Dog-Friendly. Max. 2 Dogs. £40 per Dog.
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 4 Night Bookings