The Orchard is a Grade II listed thatched house on the private drive just 100 metres from Dillington House. With the parkland just on your doorstep, a private garden and wood fired Swedish-style hot tub, The Orchard is the perfect rural holiday home.
The Orchard sleeps 6 adults and 2 further children in 4 bedrooms. The bedrooms are spread out over 2 floors allowing for lots of space, and the house is fully equipped for short and long stays alike.
There is a fully equipped open plan kitchen/dining room, utility room and separate study area. The roomy living room has a cosy wood burner for those cooler nights and large flatscreen television.
One bedroom is downstairs with a super king/twin bed and en-suite wet room and is a great room for those less able to navigate stairs.
The Master bedroom has a super king four poster bed with en-suite bathroom including freestanding nickel bath and walk in shower.
Bedroom 2 can be a super king or twin room and also has a walk in shower.
Bedroom 3 is a twin room and is accessed via the Master four poster bed room sharing its bathroom. This Master & third bedroom are better suited to a family.
The private garden is lawned and the wood fired hot tub will enhance your stay. There is a sunken patio with large outdoor dining table, just outside the kitchen – for those warmer months.
DOWNLOAD THE ORCHARD BROCHURE HERE.
The Orchard is located on the drive to Dillington House, and moments from the glorious parklands surrounding the main house. There are some local pubs a short drive away and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to The Orchard. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for 3 cars at the house.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is 3.5 miles from the house, it is walkable in about an hour or you can drive in a few minutes.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property just a short walk away, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 12-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The jaw-dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Living Area
- - Study
- - Utility Room
- - Bedroom 4
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Size Four Poster Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 2 with Super King/Twin Bed
- - Bedroom 3 with Twin Beds
- - Large Garden
- - Wood Fired Hot Tub
- - Outdoor Dining Area
Log Wood Burner
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Rolltop Bath Tub
Outdoor Dining Area
Wood Fired Hot Tub