Receive a complimentary Sapling Bloody Mary Set when you book a Winter Getaway at The Orchard. Full offer details here.
The Orchard is a Grade II listed thatched house on the private drive just 100 metres from Dillington House. With the parkland just on your doorstep, a private garden and wood-fired Swedish-style hot tub, The Orchard is the perfect rural holiday home.
The Orchard sleeps 6 adults and 2 children in four bedrooms. The bedrooms are spread out over two floors allowing for lots of space, and the house is fully equipped for short and long stays alike.
There is a fully equipped open-plan kitchen/dining room, utility room and separate study area. The roomy living area has a cosy log burner for those cooler nights and large flatscreen television.
One bedroom is downstairs with a super-King/twin bed and en-suite wet room and is a great room for those less able to navigate stairs.
The Master bedroom has a super-King four-poster bed with en-suite bathroom including freestanding nickel bath and walk-in shower.
Bedroom 2 can be a super-King or twin room and also has a walk-in shower.
Bedroom 3 is a twin room and is accessed via the Master four-poster bedroom sharing its bathroom. This Master and third bedroom are better suited to a family.
The private garden is lawned and the Swedish-style wood-fired hot tub will enhance your stay. There is a sunken patio with large outdoor dining table, just outside the kitchen – for those warmer months.
The Orchard is happy to accept two dogs for a fee of £50 per dog. We kindly ask that your dog is never left unattended, and does not go on any of the furniture or in any of the bedrooms.
The Orchard is located on the drive to Dillington House, and moments from the glorious parklands surrounding the main house. There are some local pubs a short drive away and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to The Orchard. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for three cars at the house.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is 3.5 miles from the house, it is walkable in about an hour or you can drive in a few minutes.
– The Dinnington Docks or The Lord Poulett Arms are both noteworthy pubs a drive or cycle away, about 4.5 miles from the house.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property just a short walk away, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 12-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The jaw-dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
– Local Somerset Cider producers that welcome visitors are Perry’s Cider and Julian Temperly’s Cider.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Living Area
- - Study
- - Utility Room
- - Super-King/Twin Bedroom & En-Suite Wet Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super-King Four-Poster Bed & En-Suite
- - Super-King/Twin Bedroom
- - Twin Bedroom
- - Large Garden
- - Swedish-Style Wood-Fired Hot Tub
- - Outdoor Dining Area
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Rolltop Bath Tub
Outdoor Dining Area
Dog-Friendly. Max. 2 Dogs. £50 per Dog.
Swedish-Style Wood-Fired Hot Tub
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 3 Night Bookings