the park houseSomerset
The Park House is a detached Grade II listed, traditional Somerset stone house, set in the beautiful parkland of Dillington House. With tons of original features and a stunning private wrap around garden with relaxing, wood-fired hot tub, The Park House makes a perfect countryside getaway.
The property has seven bedrooms and sleeps up to 16 people. The bedrooms are split between the main house and the Cowshed, a converted barn a few yards from the main house. The impressive gardens have a variety of interesting plants and trees, and the owners encourage you to pick the fresh fruit from the apple, pear and plum trees and wild blackberries can be found aplenty in the hedgerows nearby.
The private rural location, in the middle of stunning parkland (which guests are welcome to explore) allows for a true countryside escape.
There is a large, open-plan fully equipped kitchen, dining and living room combining modern furnishings and traditional features such as oak beams and a large fireplace. There is also a utility room with washing machine and dryer. There are two sitting areas, one with a large flatscreen television.
The garden room is a main feature which overlooks the stunning garden. It has a large 16 seater dining table perfect for entertaining.
The main house has four bedrooms. The Master has a super King wooden sleigh bed and en–suite bathroom.
Bedroom 2 is a super King or twin room with en–suite.
Bedroom 3 is also a super King or twin and shares a bathroom with bedroom 4 which is a bunk room sleeping up to three.
The Cowshed main bedroom can be a twin or super King and has an en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 2 is a twin or super King and shares a bathroom with bedroom 3, another bunk room sleeping up to three8 people.
The mature gardens are perfect for relaxing in, there is a large terrace with outdoor dining table, wood-fired hot tub and children’s climbing frame. Guests are welcome to access the expansive parkland just outside the garden.
DOWNLOAD THE PARK HOUSE BROCHURE HERE.
The Park House is located in the Dillington Estate parkland. There are some local pubs a short drive away and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to The Park House. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is plenty of private parking at the house.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is 3.5 miles from the house, it is walkable in about an hour or you can drive in a few minutes.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property just a short walk away, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 12-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The jaw-dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Room
- - Living Room
- - Sitting Room
- - Utility Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Size Sleigh Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 2 with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 3 with Super King/Twin Bed
- - Bedroom 4 with Bunk Beds
- - Shared Bathroom
- - Garden Room with Dining Table for 16
- - Master Bedroom with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 2 with Super King/Twin Bed
- - Bedroom 3 with Bunk Beds
- - Shared Bathroom
- - Large Garden
- - Wood-Fired Hot Tub
- - Dining Area & Terrace
- - Children's Climbing Frame
Private Garden & Children's Climbing Frame
Outdoor Dining Area
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Dog-Friendly. £50 Per Dog (Max. 1). We Kindly Ask That Your Dog Is Never Left Unattended In The Property.
Wood-Fired Hot Tub
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)