With mesmerising sea views and opulent interiors, Black Moon is a one-bedroom getaway in Cornwall like no other. Designed with romantics in mind, the private apartment, which is dominated by an unforgettable view of the stretching sea, is an incomparable place to stay in St Ives.
THE KITCHEN & LIVING ROOM
The apartment has an open-plan kitchen and living room that look toward the living room’s floor to ceiling glass doors opening onto a majestic view of St Ives bay and the Gwithian lighthouse. The water is so close that at high tide, it crashes against the side of the apartment, creating the same drama as being on a boat.
And better yet, an Enid Blyton-style trap door leads you to your own private cave below the living room where you can lie on the fur rugs with a glass of champagne and watch the sun set through a window built into the stone wall.
THE BEDROOM & BATHROOM
The bedroom, meanwhile, is separated from the living room by a sliding mirrored wall, allowing for some truly incredible St Ives sea views. To the rear of the bedroom is the en-suite bathroom with a full-size bath and walk-in shower.
Situated at the end of Backroad East, Black Moon sits right on Bamaluz Beach within the vibrant artist’s district of St Ives and moments away from ‘The Island’, a beautiful spit of land on the northern side of the town. Within a 5-minute walk of the property, you can find at least a dozen top quality restaurants, art galleries, craft shops and some of England’s best beaches, including Porthmeor and Porthgwidden.
HOW TO GET ST IVES
Nearest Railway: St Ives (14-minute walk)
Nearest Airport: Newquay (30 miles). Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
FOOD & DRINK
– Morning pastries at the St Ives Bakery
– Lunch at the Porthminster Kitchen
– Evening drinks at The Loft
– Dinner at Porthminster Beach Cafe
– Ice Cream treats at Moomaid of Zennor
– The Gurnard’s Head is one of our favourite pubs a little further afield
Sip cocktails overlooking the harbour, sample some local Cornish ice cream or fudge and it would be crime not to have a pasty, or two.
– The Blue Bramble Gallery for paintings
– Beach hopping from Porthminster to Porthmeor
– Have a go at surfing or take a boat trip to Seal Island
– Visit the iconic Tate St Ives
– The Leach Pottery sells exquisite wares and offers day courses for those who want to try their hand at making ceramics
– Catch a show at the world famous outdoor Minack Theatre
- - Kitchen
- - Breakfast Bar
- - Sitting Area with Balcony & Sea View
- - Secret Cave with Sea View
- - Super King Bed
- - Bathroom with Shower & Bathtub
- - Loo
Self Catering Essentials
Bluetooth Music System