A one bedroom apartment located on the ground floor of a late Victorian townhouse minutes from the centre of the pretty port town of Fowey. The apartment can be booked on its own or in conjunction with its sister property upstairs, Silver Rock, for which there is an adjoining door. Taking the whole house will accommodate up to 8 people and is a great option for larger groups who still want their own privacy.
Blue Rock is a modern and spacious apartment, filled with handcrafted pieces alluding to its Cornish roots. From framed seashell prints to woven driftwood decor, these unique pieces are what give Blue Rock its charm. All on one level with no steps, this apartment is a great choice for those with limited mobility.
There’s a fully equipped kitchen with a stone-topped breakfast bar and open-plan living space filled with characterful nooks. Settle down in front the fire or take a seat at the circular dining table in the bay window and enjoy views across the roof tops of Fowey, the church and down to the estuary.
The bedroom’s palette of soft sea blues brings the surrounding coastal location indoors and features a super-king bed built by local craftsmen (which can be split into twins if preferred). There’s a good-sized bathroom with a separate tub and shower, accompanied by Bamford products and underfloor heating.
Whilst there’s no private outdoor space, Blue Rock sits on a private road and there are chairs that can be taken outside if you fancy soaking up the view whilst enjoying your morning coffee or post-explore tipple.
1 dog is allowed at Blue Rock for an additional fee of £40. Please note that dogs are not allowed in the bedroom or on any of the furniture, nor should they be left unattended at the property.
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on Cornwall’s southeast coastline, is the pretty harbour town of Fowey. Rich in history and perched on the banks of the Fowey Estuary, Fowey is one of the more under the radar holiday locations in Cornwall. Just a short stroll from sandy coves and a bustling natural port, Fowey has everything you need for a quintessential Cornish escape.
The nearest train station is Par (10 minutes away). Lostwithiel (15 minutes away) and St Austell (20 minutes away) are the nearest stations with trains coming from London Paddington via Exeter.
Newquay Airport is 40 minutes away with good links to London and northern England, as well as further afield. And you can also, of course, sail your boat into Fowey Harbour.
Due to its central location, there is no private parking at Blue Rock but the main public car park is close. It’s worth noting that the private road this property sits on is very narrow with tight corners but there are wider drop off points a couple of minutes walk away from the property.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Pinxto Tapas & Sherry Bar brings a touch of Spain to the South West. Serving sharing dishes and little plates, this is a wonderful evening out.
– Appleton’s Bar & Restaurant is owned by the previous Head Chef of Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen and serving seasonal ingredients in exciting ways.
– Sam’s Restaurant & Cocktail Bar is a fun and colourful place to spend an evening sipping cocktails and sampling tasty treats.
– Fitzroy is a seafood-led restaurant and natural wine cellar from the same team behind the London’s Jolene, Primeur and Westerns Laundry.
– North Street Kitchen (little sister to the above) serves up seafood small plates and natural wines by river. Walk-ins only.
– Fowey is a charming Cornish town, with cobbled crooked streets and medieval buildings. The natural harbour attracts sailing enthusiasts year round, and also hosts the famous Royal Fowey Regatta annually.
– Readymoney Cove is the closest beach, just a 4-minute stroll away, but there are more beaches along the beautiful coastal paths, which are easily accessible from the front door.
– Visit the old ruin of St Catherine’s Castle along the South West Coast Path, taking in the dramatic coastal views, there are also ferries to the other side of the harbour to Bodinnick and Polruan.
– The infamous Eden Project is just 5 miles away, and there are other beautiful gardens nearby.
- - Open-Plan Kitchen, Living & Dining Area
- - Super-King/Twin Bedroom
- - Bathroom With Separate Bath Tub & Shower
Travel Cot & Highchair (Available On Request)
Minimum 3 Night Stay
Accepts 1 dog (£40 per dog)
Bamford Bathroom Products
Nearby Pubs & Restaurants