ivy cottageThe Cotswolds
Ivy Cottage is a newly remodelled two-bedroom cottage located in the heart of the pretty Cotswolds village of Long Compton on the Oxfordshire/Warwickshire border. Ideal for a discerning couple, friends or a small family of who are seeking a boutique retreat in the countryside, Ivy’s beautiful and stylish interior won’t disappoint.
A lovingly curated space that has maximised the cottage’s classic features Ivy Cottage is modest on the outside, yet beyond the quaint blue front door you’ll discover an inviting open-plan dining and kitchen area to the left and a lovely living room to the right. An open-tread wooden staircase sits in the middle of the house and leads you upstairs to two elegant bedrooms.
The master bedroom has a super king size bed and a copper roll top bathtub in the room as well as an en-suite bathroom with shower. The second bedroom also has an en-suite shower room, and both have been built with beautiful attention to detail, as well as offering bathrobes and luxury bed linens added to make your stay all the more special.
A pretty garden brimming with wildlife and a dining area perfect for a morning coffee or an al fresco dinner.
Ivy Cottage is located in the village of Long Compton in the Cotswolds and has all the attributes of the quintessential English countryside. Discover thatched cottages built in the iconic local limestone, a medieval church, and quaint little lanes framed with lovingly pruned hedges that branch off into the rolling hills nearby. Close to Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Chipping Norton, Ivy Cottage is also within a short drive from Soho Farmhouse, Daylesford Organic farm, Chastleton House the Grade I listed Jacobean country house owned by the National Trust and just over a half an hour drive to the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Gardens.
HOW TO GET TO LONG COMPTON
We highly recommend getting about by car when staying at Ivy Cottage, but if travelling by train, the nearest railway is Moreton-in-Marsh which is just a nine minute taxi away or Banbury which is forty-six minutes away by bus. Ivy Cottage is approximately an hour and forty minutes away from London via car and we provide detailed driving directions upon booking. As always, our sales team our on hand to help you plan your journey to the cottage.
FOOD & DRINK
Locally we recommend:
– The Old Butchers or The Porch House in Stow-on-the-Wold
– The Feathered Nest Country Inn in Nether Westcote
– The Red Lion Inn is a dog-friendly pub about a 20-minute walk
– Wild Thyme in Chipping Norton
– Feast on excellent fare at The Wild Rabbit or The Kingham Plough
Further afield we recommend:
You will find a full area guide in the cottage.
– Walkers and hikers can tackle the nearby routes, encountering incredible views and points of interest including the ancient Rollright Stones.
– Whichford Pottery, is a delightful spot offering short courses. Visit their workshop to choose the pot of your dreams, grab yourself a stunning gift and top it all off with a steaming brew and a homemade cake in their cafe.
– Daylesford Organic Farm has events and courses along with the brilliant Bamford Haybarn Spa.
– Cotswolds Wildlife Park has the largest privately owned Zoological collection in the UK. – Blenheim Palace, Chastleton House and Broughton Castle are incredible historic homes worth a visit.
- - Open-Plan Kitchen & Dining Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Bed, Copper Roll Top Bathtub & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Second Bedroom with King Bed & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Private Garden with Wooden Dining Table & Four Chairs
Copper Roll Top Bathtub
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Bamford Bathroom Products