ivy cottageThe Cotswolds
Ivy Cottage is perched in the pretty Cotswolds village of Long Compton, sitting on the border of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire. With two en-suite bedrooms, this is a great choice for two couples or small group of friends seeking a boutique retreat in the Cotswolds.
A lovingly curated space that has maximised the cottage’s classic features. Beyond the quaint egg-shell blue front door, you’ll discover an inviting open-plan dining and farmhouse-style kitchen area to the left and a cosy living room with a log burner to the right.
An open tread wooden staircase leads you upstairs to two elegant bedrooms. The Master bedroom has a super-king bed and a copper roll top bathtub in the room, as well as an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom has a king-size bed and en-suite shower room. Both are dressed with fresh white linens and vintage-style feature pieces, and have been designed with beautiful attention to detail, from the stylish cabin-like wooden panelling to the chic bedside reading lights.
The cottage garden is full of freshly planted booms and there’s an idyllic outdoor dining set up for four next door to a BBQ, perfect for alfresco dinners.
This property is happy to accept one dog for a fee of £40 per dog. We kindly ask that your dog is never left unattended, and does not go on any of the furniture or upstairs.
For those with wandering little ones, it’s worth noting that this property has an open tread staircase. This cottage is better suited to those families with older children or babes in arms.
Ivy Cottage is located in the village of Long Compton in the Cotswolds and has all the attributes of the quintessential English countryside. Discover thatched cottages built in the iconic local limestone, a medieval church, and quaint little lanes framed with lovingly pruned hedges that branch off into the rolling hills nearby. There are lovely walks right from the doorstep and also a great local pub. It is worth noting that an A-road runs through the village.
Close to Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Chipping Norton, Ivy Cottage is also within a short drive from Soho Farmhouse, Daylesford Organic farm, Chastleton House the Grade I listed Jacobean country house owned by the National Trust and just over a 30-minute drive to the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Gardens.
HOW TO GET TO LONG COMPTON
We highly recommend getting about by car when staying at Ivy Cottage, but if travelling by train, the nearest railway is Moreton-in-Marsh which is just a 9-minute taxi away or Banbury which is 45 minutes away by bus. Ivy Cottage is approximately 1.40hrs away from London via car.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
Locally we recommend:
– The Old Butchers or The Cellar in Stow-on-the-Wold
– The Feathered Nest Country Inn in Nether Westcote
– The Red Lion Inn is a dog-friendly pub about a 20-minute walk
– Wild Thyme in Chipping Norton
– Feast on excellent fare at The Wild Rabbit or The Kingham Plough
Further afield we recommend:
You will find a full area guide in the cottage.
– Walkers and hikers can tackle the nearby routes, encountering incredible views and points of interest including the ancient Rollright Stones.
– Whichford Pottery, is a delightful spot offering short courses. Visit their workshop to choose the pot of your dreams, grab yourself a stunning gift and top it all off with a steaming brew and a homemade cake in their cafe.
– Daylesford Organic Farm has events and courses along with the brilliant Bamford Haybarn Spa.
– Cotswolds Wildlife Park has the largest privately owned Zoological collection in the UK. – Blenheim Palace, Chastleton House and Broughton Castle are incredible historic homes worth a visit.
- - Open-Plan Kitchen & Dining Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super-King Bed, Copper Roll Top Bathtub & En-Suite Shower Room
- - King Bed & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Private Garden with Wooden Dining Table & Two Benches
Dog-Friendly. Max. 1 Dog. £40 per Dog.
Copper Roll Top Bathtub
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Bamford Bathroom Products
Minimum 3 Night Bookings
The perfect mini break. Super stay, cottage was amazing, excellent facilities, super pub down the road to eat at and lots of villages and towns to explore. 10/10!
The property exceeded our expectations, it was really homely and cosy. Also the little extras like bread, milk, and eggs were a bonus. Everything was really good quality.
Magical week away, we loved walking our dogs in the nearby beautiful countryside and coming back to the cottage to soak in the copper bath tub. Loved every little detail!
The property was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Very well equipped and lovely extras such as complimentary supplies.