ivy cottageThe Cotswolds
Ivy Cottage is a two-bedroom cottage located along the winding main road of the pretty Cotswolds village of Long Compton on the Oxfordshire/Warwickshire border. Ideal for a discerning couple, friends or a small family of who are seeking a boutique retreat in the countryside, Ivy’s beautiful and stylish interior won’t disappoint.
A lovingly curated space that has maximised the cottage’s classic features Ivy Cottage is modest on the outside, yet beyond the quaint blue front door you’ll discover an inviting open-plan dining and kitchen area to the left and a lovely living room to the right. An open-tread wooden staircase sits in the middle of the house and leads you upstairs to two elegant bedrooms.
The Master bedroom has a super-King bed and a copper roll top bathtub in the room as well as an en-suite bathroom with shower. The second bedroom also has an en-suite shower room, and both have been built with beautiful attention to detail, as well as offering bathrobes and luxury bed linens added to make your stay all the more special.
A pretty garden brimming with wildlife and two benches which seat up to four people and a dining area perfect for a morning coffee or an al fresco dinner. Please note, the front garden is currently being redesigned and may look a little different to our current imagery.
Ivy Cottage is happy to accept one dog for a fee of £40 per dog. We kindly ask that your dog is never left unattended, and does not go on any of the furniture or upstairs.
DOWNLOAD THE IVY COTTAGE BROCHURE HERE.
Ivy Cottage is located in the village of Long Compton in the Cotswolds and has all the attributes of the quintessential English countryside. Discover thatched cottages built in the iconic local limestone, a medieval church, and quaint little lanes framed with lovingly pruned hedges that branch off into the rolling hills nearby.
Close to Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Chipping Norton, Ivy Cottage is also within a short drive from Soho Farmhouse, Daylesford Organic farm, Chastleton House the Grade I listed Jacobean country house owned by the National Trust and just over a 30-minute drive to the Cotswolds Wildlife Park and Gardens.
HOW TO GET TO LONG COMPTON
We highly recommend getting about by car when staying at Ivy Cottage, but if travelling by train, the nearest railway is Moreton-in-Marsh which is just a 9-minute taxi away or Banbury which is 45 minutes away by bus. Ivy Cottage is approximately 1.40hrs away from London via car.
Detailed driving directions are provided upon booking.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
Locally we recommend:
– The Old Butchers or The Porch House in Stow-on-the-Wold
– The Feathered Nest Country Inn in Nether Westcote
– The Red Lion Inn is a dog-friendly pub about a 20-minute walk
– Wild Thyme in Chipping Norton
– Feast on excellent fare at The Wild Rabbit or The Kingham Plough
Further afield we recommend:
You will find a full area guide in the cottage.
– Walkers and hikers can tackle the nearby routes, encountering incredible views and points of interest including the ancient Rollright Stones.
– Whichford Pottery, is a delightful spot offering short courses. Visit their workshop to choose the pot of your dreams, grab yourself a stunning gift and top it all off with a steaming brew and a homemade cake in their cafe.
– Daylesford Organic Farm has events and courses along with the brilliant Bamford Haybarn Spa.
– Cotswolds Wildlife Park has the largest privately owned Zoological collection in the UK. – Blenheim Palace, Chastleton House and Broughton Castle are incredible historic homes worth a visit.
- - Open-Plan Kitchen & Dining Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super-King Bed, Copper Roll Top Bathtub & En-Suite Shower Room
- - King Bed & En-Suite Shower Room
- - Private Garden with Wooden Dining Table & Two Benches
Dog-Friendly. Max. 1 Dog. £40 per Dog.
Copper Roll Top Bathtub
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Bamford Bathroom Products
Minimum 3 Night Bookings
The perfect mini break. Super stay, cottage was amazing, excellent facilities, super pub down the road to eat at and lots of villages and towns to explore. 10/10!
The property exceeded our expectations, it was really homely and cosy. Also the little extras like bread, milk, and eggs were a bonus. Everything was really good quality.
Magical week away, we loved walking our dogs in the nearby beautiful countryside and coming back to the cottage to soak in the copper bath tub. Loved every little detail!
The property was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Very well equipped and lovely extras such as complimentary supplies.