little stoopThe Cotswolds
15% Off Introductory Offer details here.
A thatched fairytale cottage with a wrap-around garden nestled snugly in the jewel of the crown of Cotswolds towns, Chipping Campden. This delightful cottage is perfect for couples or a small group of friends looking for a cosy Cotswolds getaway with plenty of walks, pubs and shops on their doorstep.
Flagstone floors, original wooden beams and neutral tones greet you with an air of rustic warmth as you enter Little Stoop. Luxuriously restored throughout using raw materials (many recycled from the cottage itself), the design and interiors all work seamlessly together to enhance the cottage’s unique features and character.
The inviting open-plan sitting room centres around a cleverly designed feature fireplace, enclaved in glass and built into the wall, so that the fire can be enjoyed in both the sitting room as well as the kitchen next door. Compact but perfectly formed, the kitchen with its cream EverHot oven, is fully equipped for rustling up Sunday breakfasts and midnight snacks to be enjoyed around the farmhouse-style dining table.
Upstairs, there are two charming bedrooms with wooden floors and vaulted ceilings. The spacious master bedroom has a king-size bed, hanging bedside pendant lights and an original fireplace feature. The smaller second bedroom is perfect for one person but can fit two snugly – we love the chocolate velvet cushions and the gingerbread geometric bed quilt. The family bathroom is fitted with stylish brass fittings, a marble basin and a rainfall shower.
The private garden wraps around the entire cottage, lined with a perfectly pruned hedgerow and filled with beautifully kept blooms. There’s an idyllic outdoor dining set up for balmy days and in the summer months, you can expect to find a blanket of pink blossoming roses hugging the cottage walls.
Dogs are not allowed at this property.
Little Stoop sits on a quiet lane in Chipping Campden. This small quintessential Cotswolds town is one of the prettiest of its kind and full of charming pubs, great restaurants and independent shops.
The closest train station is Moreton-on-Marsh (15 minutes by car), that has direct trains from London with a journey time of an hour and a half.
There is plenty to explore by foot but we recommend a car for getting the most out of the Cotswolds’ bucolic British setting.
There is on-site parking for 1 car at Little Stoop and plenty of additional free public parking nearby if required.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Enjoy a pint or two at The Red Lion Tavern, with a large outdoor area for when the weather is warm.
– Get your caffeine fix at family run cafe, Huxleys.
– Da Luigi is a fun Italian bistro that serves great pizzas.
– The Old Butchers in Stow-on-the-Wold has a menu filled with delicious seafood dishes and more.
– For traditional Cotswolds pubs, check out the The Bakers Arms, in the next door village of Broad Campden.
– Explore the Cotswold Way and discover superb views at the top of Dovers Hill or check out one of the surrounding honey-hued villages including Snowshill (see their Lavender Fields in the summer months), Upper and Lower Slaughter, and Stanton.
– While away an afternoon at Sand & Stone favourite, Daylesford Farm.
– The Cotswolds Farm Park is always fun especially if you’re travelling with little ones in tow.
– Enjoy a pottery class at the family run Honeybourne Pottery.
– Explore the 56 acres of gardens at Batsford Arboretum in nearby Moreton-in-Marsh.
- - Open-Plan Living & Dining Room
- - Kitchen
- - King-Size Bedroom
- - Double Bedroom
- - Family Bathroom With Shower
- - Private Garden With Outdoor Dining
Locally Sourced Welcome Hamper
3 Night Minimum Stay
Country Walks From Your Doorstep