stone cottageThe Cotswolds
Tucked away in the historic Cotswold town of Stow-on-the-Wold is Stone Cottage, a pretty two bedroom getaway with a peaceful courtyard patio. Moments from the hustle and bustle of the market square, discover a fabulous country escape for those seeking to explore all that Stow has to offer.
Step into the chic country kitchen with its retro Smeg fridge and essential AGA. The dining table seats four guests and is a perfect spot to enjoy breakfast treats from one of Stow’s artisan bakeries. After a day spent browsing antiques and sampling local ale, the sociable kitchen is a lovely space to gather, cook and enjoy a meal together in the evening.
Next door, curl up by the fireplace in the elegantly presented sitting room with its stylish Loaf sofa, modern furniture, raw oak beams, and exposed brick. Or relax upon the window seat with a cup of tea and a riveting book.
Upstairs there are two bedrooms for guests. With a vaulted ceiling, natural light and calming colours, the master bedroom is heaven. There is a king size bed and plenty of wardrobe space for your belongings. The second bedroom has a double bed with stylish bright linens, hanging space for clothes and a honey-coloured Cotswold stone wall.
The shared family bathroom has warm rustic floorboards, smart Farrow & Ball colours and a lovely bath with a large overhead shower.
A pretty archway of shrubbery leads you to the front door of the cottage and the outside courtyard, where a table and chairs are set up for warm summer nights with a glass of wine or breakfasts in the sunshine.
Stone Cottage is happy to accept one dog for a fee of £40 per dog. We kindly ask that your dog is never left unattended, and does not go on any of the furniture or upstairs.
Surrounded by stunning countryside, Stow-on-the-Wold is a picture-perfect storybook English town. Brimming with bakeries, boutiques, restaurants and art galleries, it is a quintessential Gloucestershire market town and perfect if you want the comforts of your own home within a small town for eating out and browsing the shops.
Discover limestone cottages, a 13th century church, pretty market square, an antiques centre, art galleries, a fantastic collection of pubs and lots of independent shops. Striking an excellent balance between rural charm and buzzy village life, it is the ideal destination for a weekend break or holiday in the Cotswolds.
There are trains from London Paddington to Kingham, or Moreton-in-Marsh and it’s a 10 minute drive from the station to Stow-on-the-Wold. We recommend booking a taxi in advance to meet you at the station as country taxis are few and far between. Stone Cottage is approx 1hr 45 minutes from West London by car.
Detailed driving directions are provided upon booking.
There is a parking space for one car on the private road, with more parking on Sheep Street you can park for 2hrs at a time in the day time. There are 2 further larger car parks in Stow-on-the-Wold however.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
STOW FOOD & DRINK
– The Old Butchers or The Stag are great local restaurants in Stow-on-the-Wold.
– Feast on excellent fare at The Wild Rabbit or The Kingham Plough both in Kingham.
– The Cellar for a hip wine bar with charcuterie platters.
– Head to D’Ambrosi Fine Foods for excellent local produce.
Further afield we recommend:
You will find a full area guide in the cottage.
– The birthplace of Winston Churchill, discover the beauty of Blenheim Palace, a world heritage site set amongst 2000 acres of parkland and formal gardens.
– Opened in 2014, the Cotswolds Distillery makes whisky, gin, liqueurs, and can organise tours and tastings. A perfect option being in walking distance from the cottage.
– A must for any trip to the Cotswolds, Daylesford Farm is a much-loved spot with so much to explore, sample and do. From the Workshop and Cookery School to the delights of the Wellness Spa, it is well worth a visit.
- - Kitchen & Dining Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Master Bedroom with King Size bed
- - Second Bedroom with Double bed
- - Shared bathroom with Shower over bath
- - A Private Courtyard With Seating For 4 People
Locally Sourced Welcome Items
Bamford Bathroom Products
Dog-Friendly. £40 Per Dog (Max. 1)
Within Walking Distance To A Pub
Minimum 3 Night Bookings
Nespresso Vertuo machine
High Chair & Travel Cot Available on request