Thatch Cottage is the other side of The Thatched House and a Grade II 17th century thatched cottage, full of charm and period features, coupled with modern additions making this a lovely Somerset country hideaway.
You can rent the Thatch Cottage and The Thatched House together, as the properties are joined by a lockable door on the ground floor, making a large property for friends and family sleeping 14.
The fully equipped kitchen leads to a large sitting room with dining table, 55-inch flat screen television and cosy wood burner. There is the added benefit of a utility room for those who require it.
The Master bedroom is a super king and has an en-suite bathroom with rolltop bath and walk in shower, the second bedroom is a super king or twin room and has a walk in shower room en-suite with under floor heating.
There is a private lawned garden with charcoal BBQ, as well as an outside dining area for those warmer months.
DOWNLOAD THE THATCH COTTAGE BROCHURE HERE.
Thatch Cottage is located in the tiny hamlet of Atherstone and is part of the Dillington Estate. There are some local pubs within walking distance and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to Thatch Cottage. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for 4 cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is within walking distance of the cottage, about 2 miles away.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property set in beautiful parkland, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 10-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The-jaw dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Living Room
- - Utility Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Bed & En-Suite with Rolltop Bath
- - Bedroom 2 with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite with Walk-In Shower
- - Large Garden
- - Outdoor Dining Area
- - Charcoal BBQ
Outdoor Dining Area
Log Wood Burner
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Rolltop Bath Tub