the thatched houseSomerset
The Thatched House is a recently renovated 17th century grade II listed house with 4 bedrooms sleeping 10, combining traditional features and contemporary touches. Set in the glorious Somerset countryside and part of the Dillington Estate, the house is surrounded by fields and woodland offering plenty of walking and cycling routes from the front door.
Thatch Cottage is a further 2 bedroom cottage next door and is connected via a lockable door, both cottages can be booked together if you prefer a larger property.
There is a large well equipped kitchen dining room with a table seating 10. Next door is a separate utility room, and then a spacious sitting room with wood burner, flat screen television and comfortable sofas. There is one super king bedroom downstairs with four poster bed, wood burner, an in-room rolltop bath and en-suite loo.
There are 3 en–suite bedrooms upstairs, all can be set up as twins or super kings and they all are equipped with comfy mattress toppers and Egyptian cotton sheets. One of these bedrooms also has a set of bunk beds sleeping an extra 2 guests.
There is a lovely private lawned garden with seating and dining area and charcoal BBQ, there is also a fabulous Swedish-style wooden hot tub for those wanting to truly relax in the rural surroundings.
DOWNLOAD THE THATCHED HOUSE BROCHURE HERE.
The Thatched House is located in the tiny hamlet of Atherstone, and is part of the Dillington Estate. There are some local pubs within walking distance and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to The Thatched House. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking for 4 cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is within walking distance from the house around 2 miles away.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property set in beautiful parkland, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 10-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The jaw-dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Sitting Room with Wood Burner
- - Utility Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super King Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 2 with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 3 with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 4 with Super King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Large Garden
- - Charcoal BBQ
- - Swedish-Style Hot Tub
- - Outdoor Dining Area
Outdoor Dining Area
Log Wood Burner
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Rolltop Bath Tub
Swedish-Style Hot Tub