well cottageThe Cotswolds
Located in the picturesque Cotswolds village of Ramsden, Well Cottage epitomises a cosy Cotswolds cottage, designed beautifully and sleeping 6 in three bedrooms.
The cottage dates back to the mid 1600s, and is named after the former village well that was in the front garden. With original oak beams and exposed stone walls, earthy autumnal tones of the furniture and furnishings, where else would you want to spend time with your loved ones? Snuggle up by the log burner with a glass of wine, wander down to The Royal Oak pub for supper, or take a walk through the Oxfordshire countryside, before heading back to this stunning converted cottage – perfect for a getaway with friends and family.
The open-plan kitchen/dining room has everything you need to create homely meals. With a double oven and all the kitchen essentials, the farmhouse table seats 6 and there is even a seating nook to enjoy a coffee whilst reading the morning papers. Next door the sitting room/entrance room has a stylish sofa in front of the log burner whilst antique furniture pieces complement the more contemporary lighting and furnishings. A further TV room can be found the other side of the staircase and features a large sofa perfect for movie nights in front of the log-burning stove.
There are three bedrooms with décor of smart, autumnal colours and sumptuous velvets matched with beautiful wallpaper or wooden cladding. The Master bedroom is a super-King room and features an in-room roll top bathtub. The second bedroom is a King size and the third room is a twin room which can also be made into a super-King bedroom. There are two separate bathrooms with walk-in showers.
Please note, due to the age of the property there are low ceilings throughout so please do mind your head.
The cottage garden is typical of an English country garden with lawn space at the front and the back, garden table and chairs and lighting. Whether it be balmy summer evenings or a steaming cup of coffee as the sun rises, the garden is a quaint space to enjoy.
Well Cottage is happy to accept one dog for a fee of £40 per dog. We kindly ask that your dog is never left unattended, and does not go on any of the furniture, or upstairs.
Ramsden is a beautiful, peaceful Cotswolds stone village on the north-east edge of the Cotswolds. Ramsden, meaning ‘wild garlic valley’ is four miles north of Witney, four miles south of Charlbury and 15 miles north-west of Oxford.
From west London it takes around 1.5hrs, from Bristol it’s 1.5hrs, and from Oxford it’s around 45 minutes.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is private parking on the cottage’s driveway for up to 2 cars.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Royal Oak is just spitting distance from the cottage and a 17th century inn, in the heart of the village. The Grade II listed building has been restored, and a lovely bright dining area added on. The menu is varied and its a great choice for a walkable lunch or supper out.
– Charlbury Deli & Café was set up by 60 members of the town to rise up against junk food being sold on the high street. The Deli and Café sell great coffee and cakes, locally baked bread, cheese, charcuterie, wines, beers and much more.
– The Swan Inn is listed as one of the best UK pubs by the Times in 2021, and using local suppliers producing seasonal menus, The Swan Inn is well worth a visit.
– Diddly Squat Farm Shop was developed by Jeremy Clarkson and Lisa Hogan following his Amazon Prime series. Diddly Squat Farm shop sells all things produced on his farm as well as neighbouring farms and producers, including meat, honey, cakes, alcoholic drinks and more.
– The birthplace of Winston Churchill, discover the beauty of Blenheim Palace, a world heritage site set amongst 2000 acres of parkland and formal gardens.
– Opened in 2014, the Cotswolds Distillery makes whisky, gin, liqueurs, and can organise tours and tastings. A perfect option being in walking distance from the cottage.
– A must for any trip to the Cotswolds, Daylesford Farm is a much-loved spot with so much to explore, sample and do. From the Workshop and Cookery School to the delights of the Wellness Spa, it is well worth a visit.
- - Open-Plan Kitchen & Dining Room
- - Entrance Room Sitting Area
- - Sitting Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super-King Bed & Roll Top Bathtub
- - King Size Bedroom
- - Twin/Super-King Bedroom
- - Bathroom with Walk-In Shower
- - Bathroom with Walk-In Shower
Locally Sourced Welcome Hamper
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Roll Top Bathtub
Bramley Bathroom Products
Dog-Friendly. Max. 1 Dog. £30 per Dog.
Within Walking Distance To A Pub
Family-friendly With A Travel Cot & Booster Seat Available On Request
Minimum 3 Night Bookings