west end museScotland
Nestled in the ancient streets of Edinburgh, Sand & Stone Escapes is proud to showcase our first city break property, an apartment in a converted 19th century stable block: West End Muse.
Lovingly renovated, the owners have gone through every last detail, maintaining the original features and adding modern touches and colour throughout. Working with well known architects and interior designers, they have created the perfect escape in the centre of a bustling and historic city. The walls are adorned with the owner’s own artwork, leading to the property’s namesake, and the handpicked furniture pieces all compliment the authentic characteristics.
Sleeping 4 in two bedrooms with two bathrooms, West End Muse is a great option for a group of friends or small family exploring Edinburgh and its many attractions.
The property is located on the first floor of the Mews house, on entering you go up a flight of stairs into the large main living space.
The living room is home to a sumptuous red velvet sofa, and faces an original brick wall with built in flat screen SMART TV, with Freeview and Netflix. The open-plan space also has a dining area at one end as well as office nook with stylish desk. The kitchen area is well equipped and spacious, although with the wealth of restaurants in Edinburgh you may not be using it much!
The bedrooms are well proportioned, and feature one super-King bed and one King bed with comfy Egyptian cotton sheets and wardrobe space. They share a Master bathroom in between the rooms which has a bath and shower. The bathroom is fully stocked with products from Highland Soap Company – a family company from The Highlands which use organic ingredients, sustainable packaging made from plants to design sumptuous soap. There is also a second shower room opposite the smaller bedroom for extra comfort – both feature underfloor heating.
Guests are also invited to sample the tasty treats of local café Le Petit Café using the complimentary voucher gifted to use during your stay at West End Muse.
DOWNLOAD THE WEST END MUSE BROCHURE HERE.
Please note, West End Muse does not allow dogs. The apartment is on the top floor of the Mews house – below are two further apartments, one a holiday let and one for weekends.
Located in the West End area of Edinburgh, the apartment is a short distance from Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle. There is public transport close by as well as plenty of great local restaurants, cafés, bars, book shops and quirky stores.
It is walking distance to Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street and Princes Street Gardens, Old Town, New Town, Scottish National Gallery, Usher Hall, Dean Village, Grassmarket, Haymarket, and St Mary’s Cathedral.
From Edinburgh Train Station: On arrival into Waverley Station, you can take the tram from St Andrew’s Square in the direction of the airport until you arrive at the station “West End”. If you arrive at Haymarket Station, it is just one tram stop in the direction of York Place until you reach the “West End” station.
From Edinburgh Airport: You can either take the tram to the nearest station “West End”, which is located around 0.2 miles from the property or you can take the airport bus (number 100) to the station “Shandwick Place” also located around 0.3 miles away.
By Taxi: A taxi from the airport takes 20 minutes and will cost between £20-25 or an Uber is approx £15.
You can park very briefly in front of the flat to unload luggage, but then you would need to park elsewhere, there are various hotels and public parking spaces you can pay to park at for your stay, further details can be found in the house manual and arrival email.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Le Petit Café is a wonderful local spot where guests are warmly welcomed and gifted a complimentary voucher to spend during your stay.
– Try other breakfast spots such as MILK or Loudons Café & Bakery also nearby.
– Aizle is an exceptional, locally sourced, seasonal tasting menu restaurant. There is no fixed menu, and chefs are super creative with their produce, and it is all done to a very high standard. You can also opt for paired drinks.
– Forage and Chatter has amazing food, fabulous wine and a great atmosphere! Locally sourced Scottish cuisine at its best. It has been named the best local restaurant in the Good Food Guide. Staff are very warm and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.
– Chizuru Tei is a great little Japanese restaurant with amazing sushi and good chicken Katsu. Everything is fresh and beautifully presented.
– Wander the streets popping into local book shops such as Next Chapter or Paper Tiger.
– Dive into the many individual boutiques in Grassmarket or more mainstream on Princes Street, for retail therapy.
– Visit the Scottish National Portrait Gallery or Portrait Gallery and stop at either of the café’s both of which do great afternoon teas.
– The new town is elegant and features Georgian townhouses and open squares. The Scottish National Portrait Gallery and cocktail lounges, George Street has smart boutiques for more shopping.
– This counteracts the Old Town – steeped in history with Edinburgh Castle, it is a bustling area of old buildings narrow alleys. Princes Street Gardens showcases a great view up to the castle and old town.
– Just a few minutes walk from Princes Street is Dean Village – right on the Water of Leith, Dean Village epitomises the industrial revolution with water mills and Well Court, an iconic building in the village. Well worth a walk through.
- - Open-Plan Living Room, Dining Area, Kitchen & Office Nook
- - Super-King Size Master Bedroom
- - King Size Bedroom
- - Shared Master Bathroom with Bath & Shower
- - Shower Room
Complimentary Voucher For Local Bakery 'Le Petit Café
Welcome Hamper of Edinburgh Gin Liqueur, Handmade Shortbread from House of Edinburgh, Crackers from PeaGreenBoat, Milk & Sparkling Water
Bathrobes & Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Underfloor Heating in Bathrooms
No Dogs Allowed
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 3 Night Bookings
We were lost for words at how amazing this beautiful apartment was. It was so unique with the most amazing decor and beautiful personal artistry from the owner! You can tell a lot of thought, time, effort and money have been ploughed into this apartment.
This house is gorgeous, such lovely decor and there was plenty of space (there was 4 of us). It's very centrally located so super easy to walk around Edinburgh. We really appreciated the little extras, such as the robes provided! It was very clean and super easy to check in to. I would definitely stay here again.
Thank you for providing such a lovely home for our stay. The apartment had everything we needed and such a great location for all of our planned activities. It really contributed to what was a very enjoyable long weekend in Edinburgh.
A gorgeously refurbished spacious apartment in a quiet street which is well located. Every room has been stylishly decorated to a high standard. It was a fantastic base for our family for a few days exploring Edinburgh. We would love to stay again some time.
We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect stay. The property was absolutely beautiful - so rich in character and perfectly decorated! It was in an ideal location, very close to the city centre and castle etc, yet was so quiet at night as it’s just off the main road. It had everything in it you could possibly need utensil/pots wise and even had milk, breakfast stuff, condiments and other food bits. On top of that Melina has been amazing, and made sure our stay was great.
The pictures don’t do the apartment justice. It’s lovely and location is really central, easy to walk everywhere. We were two couples and both bedrooms had bathrooms which is always a plus. Recommend to all, worth every penny!
The flat was super, really a lovely place to stay, especially all the added touches that made for a very comfortable visit. Probably the best place we’ve stayed in Edinburgh and the location was ideal. Definitely will rebook in the future.