hidden cottageThe Cotswolds
An immaculate four bedroom bolthole nestled in an idyllic hamlet on the edge of the Cotswolds just outside Chipping Norton, sleeping up to six adults and two children. Tucked away down a private lane, Hidden Cottage and its sprawling gardens sit on a bucolic backdrop of Oxfordshire hills and valleys.
This serene countryside stay is perfect for groups of friends or larger families looking for a secluded escape with plenty of cosy pubs, restaurants and Cotswolds hotspots (only a short ten minute drive away from the members-only Soho Farmhouse). With impressive interiors and expert interior design, Hidden Cottage is full of all the comforts and luxuries you’d expect from a boutique hotel.
Inside, you’ll be greeted by a palette of nordic greys together with sage and forest greens, mirroring the cottage’s rural surroundings. Expect interiors designed with raw materials and textures, from flagstone floors and white-washed wooden panelled vaulted ceilings, to jute rugs and marble worktops. Filled with natural light from the large industrial-style windows and dotted with leafy pot plants, walking into this property is like taking in a deep breath of fresh Cotswolds air.
The spacious open-plan kitchen is fully equipped with top of the range appliances and there’s a sizeable dining table seating up to eight people. Take your pick from the selection of living spaces to kick back and curl up in; from the grand reception room or the cosy snug, to the conservatory overlooking the cottage gardens. You’ll find log burners in both the snug and reception rooms. On this floor, there’s also a boot room, utility room and a downstairs loo.
The separate annex bedroom suite sits just a few metres from the main house with an emperor size bed, its own sitting area and a spectacular en-suite bathroom. Each of the bathrooms at Hidden Cottage are fitted with stylish aged brass fittings and double ended bath tubs.
FIRST & SECOND FLOOR
Upstairs, discover the rest of the beautifully designed bedrooms. You’ll find two further en-suite rooms with emperor size beds; one with a Danish banana sofa underneath the bay window and a strawberry velvet headboard, the other set in the eaves with charming sloped ceilings and rattan-weaved scalloped bedside lamps. All of the bedrooms are dressed in luxurious linens from The White Company. You’ll also find a playful ‘treehouse’ bunk bed room for little ones.
The cottage sits in a prime south westerly position with elevated views across the Cotswolds countryside and valleys beyond. There’s an outdoor dining set up for up to eight people and a BBQ, plus an outside lounge space with chairs and benches. In the perfectly pruned kitchen garden, you’ll also find a dappled greenhouse.
Please note that this property does not allow dogs.
Little ones and children of all ages are welcome at Hidden Cottage, with a specially designed bunk bed room just for kids.
Swerford is an idyllic hamlet located just outside Chipping Norton on the edge of the Cotswolds, surrounded by unspoilt Oxfordshire hills dotted with pockets of honey-hued towns and villages including Burford, Stow on the Wold and Chipping Campden.
The location is perfect for those seeking a countryside retreat but who still want access to bustling pubs, shops and restaurants. There are lots of Cotswolds hotspots on your doorstep here; the members-only Soho Farmhouse, Diddly Squat Farmshop and Daylesford Organic to name a few.
Only an hour and a half by car or an hour by direct train from London, this is a popular destination for those seeking an escape from the city. The nearest train station is Charlbury, just a short 15 minute drive away.
We recommend a car for your trip so you can make the most of exploring the cottage’s bucolic setting – unless you’re happy hunkering down in your hideaway (we’re not here to judge). It’s worth noting that taxis are few and far between and should be booked in advance.
There’s private parking on property.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Boxing Hare is a cosy country pub within walking distance, or hop over to the neighbouring village of Great Tew to The Falkland Arms.
– If you’re after something a little different check out Nicholsons Nursery where you can dine inside a yurt.
– Head to the honey-hued village of Kingham where you’ll find two popular gastropubs, The Plough and Wild Rabbit.
– Killingworth Castle is a firm favourite for Sunday lunches, with menus devised from locally sourced organic produce.
– The much-loved Lamb Inn is a charming local pub in the pretty village of Shipton-Under-Wychwood and well worth the visit.
– Visit the grand country house and birthplace of Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, where they hold seasonal exhibitions.
– Go shopping or treat yourself to a spa treatment at Sand & Stone favourite, Daylesford Organic.
– Pick up some local goodies from another Sand & Stone favourite, Diddly Squat Farm Shop, to take home and rustle up at your new Cotswolds hideaway.
– Discover The Cotswolds Farm Park, where little ones can interact with lots of rare-breed British farm animals.
– Venture into the historic city of Oxford and explore the cobbled streets lined with independent shops, pubs and restaurants.
- - Kitchen & Dining Room
- - Drawing Room
- - Snug Room
- - Garden Room
- - Emperor-Size Annex Suite
- - Emperor-Size Bedroom With En-Suite
- - Emperor-Size Bedroom With En-Suite
- - Kids Bunk Bed Room (Children Only)
- - Private Garden
- - Kitchen Garden With Greenhouse
Locally Sourced Welcome Hamper
Travel Cot & High Chair (Available On Request)
2 Nights Stays Available On Request Only
Ila Spa Bathroom Products
Country Walks From Your Doorstep