Sleeping up to 6 guests, Lemons Cottage is a thoughtfully renovated luxury cottage nestled in the pretty countryside of North Devon. Its charming period character has been cleverly aligned with stylish contemporary furnishings, and all the mod cons have been installed to ensure you’ll want for nothing during your stay. Along with its two gardens, Lemons Cottage is a delightful haven for a group of friends or family to enjoy the wonders of the Devonshire coast and countryside.
A solid oak door opens onto the cottage’s ground floor where you’ll find the dining and living areas. The chic modern kitchen is well-equipped with all you need for a self-catered holiday and meals can be enjoyed in the adjacent dining room with exposed beams and an original brick fireplace. Guests can enjoy lazy afternoons, family board games or pre-dinner drinks in the living room where comfortable sofas and wool blankets create a homely ambience. The cinema room with its 75” Sony Cinema TV and surround sound is the ideal spot to hunker down for a movie night.
Upstairs, there are three bedrooms to choose from. The Master bedroom has a King size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a roll top bath tub and rain shower. The second bedroom has a super King size bed that can be turned into a twin on request and the third bedroom is a single that can accommodate an additional single fold-out bed. Also upstairs is a shared bathroom with a bath/rain shower and loo.
There are two pretty English gardens to enjoy at the front and back of Lemons Cottage. On sunny evenings, grill some local produce on the charcoal BBQ and sit together on the front patio. Guests are welcome to help themselves to anything edible in the gardens such as figs and fresh rosemary. Enjoy breakfast or afternoon tea outside and be sure to look out for a variety of birds, bees and the odd bunny rabbit. At the end of the front garden there is also a village children’s playground and outdoor tennis court, with an outstanding view of the beautiful Devon countryside.
DOWNLOAD THE LEMONS COTTAGE BROCHURE HERE.
Lemons Cottage is situated in the picturesque village of Atherington, North Devon, with lovely beaches and pretty villages just a short drive away.
There is a local village shop and Post Office just a quick stroll from the cottage.
Car is the best way to get to Lemons, but should you take the train, Umberleigh train station is only a 5-minute car journey to the cottage.
Exeter Airport is just a one hour drive away, with links to London, other major UK and select European cities.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
The main parking space is located in front of the green shed. There is space for two additional cars on a 2nd driveway in the garden.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Locally sourced menu at the 17th century inn, The Rams Head. 15-minute drive.
– Head to the ancient fishing port of Barnstaple for some excellent restaurants such as 16 Maiden Street. 20-minute drive.
– The award winning pub, The Masons Arms at Knowestone. 30-minute drive.
– Head to skies in a Tiger Moth Biplane. 15-minute drive.
– Indulge in Herring specialties, beer tastings, local food and crafts at the Clovelly Herring Festival every November. 39-minute drive.
– Head to the pretty fishing village and beach of Appledore for the day. 27-minute drive.
– Explore Exmoor National Park for cycling and walking. 45-minute drive.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Room
- - Utility Room/Loo
- - Sitting Room
- - Cinema Room
- - Master Bedroom with King Size Bed & En-Suite Bathroom with a Roll Top Bath & Rain Shower
- - Second Bedroom with a Super King Size Bed/Twin
- - Small Bedroom with a Single Bed & Additional Single Fold-out Bed
- - Shared Family Bathroom with Rain Shower/Bath
Dog-Friendly | £30 per dog per stay
75" Sony Cinema TV with Surround Sound, HD Freeview, Amazon & Netflix
Iron & Ironing Board
WiFi Throughout & 70 MB Fibre Broadband
Group & Family-Friendly Accommodation
Google Home Hub
Cot & Highchair