The Thatched House and Thatch Cottage are two beautiful Grade II 17th century buildings, collectively known as The Farmhouse. The properties are set side by side and connect via an internal lockable door and when rented together, can sleep a total of 14 guests. An ideal location for a group of friends or large family looking to escape to the breathtaking Somerset coastline.
The Thatched House
This property combines traditional features and contemporary touches and is surrounded by fields and woodland offering plenty of walking and cycling routes from the front door.
Full of charm and period features this cottage is also coupled with modern additions making it a lovely Somerset country hideaway.
The Farmhouse is happy to accept up to two dogs for a fee of £50 per dog. We kindly ask that dogs are never left unattended, and do not go on any of the furniture or upstairs.
The Farmhouse is located in the tiny hamlet of Atherstone and is part of the Dillington Estate. There are some local pubs within walking distance and plenty of beautiful Somerset countryside to explore from the front door.
Due to its rural location, by car is the best way to get to The Farmhouse. However, Crewkerne train station is 15 minutes away and Taunton and Castle Cary are a 30-minute drive away, all with direct trains from London.
Detailed directions are provided upon booking.
There is plenty of private parking at the property.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Please note, check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Barrington Boar pub is within walking distance of the farmhouse, around 2 miles away.
– The Dinnington Docks or The Lord Poulett Arms are both noteworthy pubs a drive or cycle away, about 4.5 miles from the farmhouse.
– Dillington House is a 16th century property set in beautiful parkland, and has regular lectures, concerts and events. It is worth checking their schedule for upcoming events.
– Barrington Court is a Tudor Manor House and a National Trust property a 10-minute drive away.
– Dennis Chinaworks is a nice option to visit and has a fantastic tearoom, serving homemade light meals.
– The jaw-dropping Jurassic coast is a 40-minute drive, Lyme Regis being a perfect day trip.
– Local Somerset Cider producers that welcome visitors are Perry’s Cider and Julian Temperly’s Cider.
- - Kitchen
- - Dining Area
- - Sitting Room with Wood Burner
- - Utility Room
- - Master Bedroom with Super-King Bed & En-Suite
- - Cottage Kitchen
- - Cottage Dining Area
- - Cottage Living Room
- - Cottage Utility Room
- - Bedroom 2 with Super-King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 3 with Super-King/Twin Bed & En-Suite
- - Bedroom 4 with Super-King/Twin Bed, Bunk Bed & En-Suite
- - Cottage Master Bedroom with Super-King Bed & En-Suite with Rolltop Bath
- - Cottage Bedroom 2 with Super-King/Twin Bed & En-Suite with Walk-In Shower
- - Large Garden
- - Outdoor Dining Area
- - Charcoal BBQ
- - Swedish-Style Hot Tub
Outdoor Dining Area
Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
Dog-Friendly. Max. 2 Dogs. £50 per Dog.
Swedish-Style Hot Tub
Cot & Highchair (available upon request)
Minimum 3 Night Bookings