little bee cottageThe Cotswolds
The honey hued Little Bee Cottage sits on a private lane in the pretty Cotswolds village of Milton-under-Wychwood, perched between Burford and Chipping Norton. Its village setting makes for an idyllic countryside getaway, with lots of great pubs, restaurants and Cotswolds hotspots within reach.
It comes as no surprise that this cosy, two-bedroom bolthole has been renovated by two interior designers, with not a single detail left unforgotten. Like what you see? All of the artwork has been done by the owner herself; all of which is for sale and can be purchased during your stay.
Step inside and discover the snug sitting room with its original exposed beams, log burner and miniature stained glass window. The kitchen is fully equipped, and we love the sage green panelled walls and chic farmhouse features. There’s a circular dining table for brunching and nights in, seating up to 4 people.
Upstairs, there are two stylish bedrooms and a family bathroom with a bathtub and overhead shower. The cosy, cabin-esque bedrooms are individually designed, each featuring their own unique decor and artwork. One is dressed with neutral, earthy tones, and finished with floral prints. The other has a more contemporary feel, with a bold royal blue headboard and peach throws from the Secret Linen Store.
Outside the front of the cottage is a small gravelled south-facing garden with a table and chairs – the perfect sun trap for a morning cuppa or an afternoon G’n’T.
1 dog is welcome for an additional fee of £40. Kindly note that dogs are not allowed upstairs or on any of the furniture, nor should they be left unattended at the property.
Milton-under-Wychwood dates back to mediaeval times and sits on the edge of the Evenlode valley. It’s one of three villages named after the ancient forest of Wychwood, alongside Shipton-under-Wychwood and Ascott-under-Wychwood.
This honey hued Cotswolds village is home to a top-notch gastropub, The Hare (located just around the corner), and a delicious local bakery where you can get your morning sourdough fix from. Here, you’re perfectly positioned for exploring lots of popular Cotswolds hotspots, including Daylesford Farmshop (a Sand & Stone favourite), Bourton-on-the-Water and for Soho House members, Soho Farmhouse is only a short 20 minute drive away.
The closest train stations are Shipton-under-Wychwood and Kingham. From Kingham there is a regular service to London and Oxford. It’s worth nothing that taxis are not always readily available and should be booked in advance where required.
There’s no private parking at the property but there’s plenty of street parking available in the village. Please note that the property sits on a private road where parking and offloading is not permitted.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– The Hare in Milton-under-Wychwood
– Rise and Flour in Milton-under Wychwood
– The Lamb Inn in Shipton-under-Wychwood (5 minute drive or 20 minute walk)
– The Swan in Ascott-under-Wychwood
– The Kingham Plough or The Wild Rabbit in Kingham (10 minute drive)
– The Feathered Nest in Nether Westcote (8 min drive)
– Explore the acres of magical woodland and gardens at Wychwood Wild Gardens (10 minute walk).
– The Burford Garden Company is well worth checking out; a haven for homeware, plants and interiors (10 minute drive).
– You can easily spend a morning and more at Daylesford Organic Farm, where you’ll find a farm shop and cafe. They also host one off suppers and events, so it’s worth checking their calendar before your stay (15 minute drive).
– Visit some of the charming surrounding Cotswolds villages from Bibury to Bourton-On-The-Water (nicknamed the Venice of the Cotswolds).
– There are 3000 miles of public footpaths in the Cotswolds, so be sure to pack your walking boots on this bucolic break and explore by foot.
- - Kitchen & Dining Room
- - Sitting Room
- - King-Size Bedroom
- - Double Bedroom
- - Family Bathroom
- - Patio Garden
Welcome Hamper Including A Bottle Of Gin
Travel Cot & High Chair (Available On Request)
Minimum 3 Night Stay
Accepts 1 Dog (Additional £40 Fee)
Cowshed & Bamford Bathroom Products
Country Walks From Your Doorstep