Receive a complimentary Sapling Bloody Mary Set when you book a Winter Getaway at Silver Rock. Full offer details here.
A three bedroom apartment located on the top two floors of a Victorian townhouse, with lovely views across the Fowey Estuary and only minutes from the centre of the pretty port town. Silver Rock can be booked on its own or in conjunction with its sister property, Blue Rock, for which there is an adjoining door. Taking the whole house will accommodate up to 8 people and is a great option for larger groups who still want their own privacy.
You enter this Cornish hideaway from the courtyard garden via a ground floor hallway, from where you head straight upstairs to be met with stunning views across Fowey, the estuary and beyond. Interiors are snug and furnished with decor that nods to the property’s Cornish roots. Expect knotted rope light features and bespoke wooden headboards.
There’s a modern, fully equipped kitchen with a large kitchen island beside a bright bay window, for counter top dining seating up to 8 people. The adjacent open-plan living area centres around the feature chimney breast. With ceilings that open up to the eaves, this is a light, spacious and characterful living area, with a Smart TV and a coal-effect gas fire.
There are two bedrooms on this floor. The first has a super-king size bed (with the option of twins if preferred) and beautiful stretching views. The second, nicknamed ‘the cabin’, has two single beds designed by local craftsmen and doubles up as a snug kids TV room. There’s a shared bathroom on this floor with a large walk in shower, stone basin and original arched window.
At the top of the house you’ll find the loft-style master suite. There’s a king-size bed built by local craftsmen, prime views across the Fowey Estuary and en-suite bathroom with a separate bath and shower. The built-in daybed makes for the perfect cosy nook to watch the world go by.
From the open-plan living room and kitchen, there are glass doors that open up onto a decked roof terrace and outdoor seating area. Here, the views become even more breathtaking, stretching all the way from the Fowey Estuary and across to Polruan. With a prime south westerly position, you can catch both the morning and afternoon sunshine.
1 dog is accepted at Silver Rock for an additional fee of £40. Please note that dogs are not allowed on any of the furniture or in the bedrooms, nor should they be left unattended at the property. There’s also an outdoor shower located in the courtyard that comes in handy for washing down salty coats.
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on Cornwall’s southeast coastline, is the pretty harbour town of Fowey. Rich in history and perched on the banks of the Fowey Estuary, Fowey is one of the more under the radar holiday locations in Cornwall. Just a short stroll from sandy coves and a bustling natural port, Fowey has everything you need for a quintessential Cornish escape.
The nearest train station is Par (10 minutes away). Lostwithiel (15 minutes away) and St Austell (20 minutes away) are the nearest stations with trains coming from London Paddington via Exeter.
Newquay Airport is 40 minutes away with good links to London and northern England, as well as further afield. And you can also, of course, sail your boat into Fowey Harbour.
Due to its central location, there is no private parking at Silver Rock but the main public car park is close. It’s worth noting that the private road this property sits on is very narrow with tight corners but there are wider drop off points a couple of minutes walk away from the property.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in is from 4pm and check-out is by 10am.
FOOD & DRINK
– Pinxto Tapas & Sherry Bar brings a touch of Spain to the South West. Serving sharing dishes and little plates, this is a wonderful evening out.
– Appleton’s Bar & Restaurant is owned by the previous Head Chef of Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen and serving seasonal ingredients in exciting ways.
– Sam’s Restaurant & Cocktail Bar is a fun and colourful place to spend an evening sipping cocktails and sampling tasty treats.
– Fitzroy is a seafood-led restaurant and natural wine cellar from the same team behind the London’s Jolene, Primeur and Westerns Laundry.
– North Street Kitchen (little sister to the above) serves up seafood small plates and natural wines by river. Walk-ins only.
– Fowey is a charming Cornish town, with cobbled crooked streets and medieval buildings. The natural harbour attracts sailing enthusiasts year round, and also hosts the famous Royal Fowey Regatta annually.
– Readymoney Cove is the closest beach, just a 4-minute stroll away, but there are more beaches along the beautiful coastal paths, which are easily accessible from the front door.
– Visit the old ruin of St Catherine’s Castle along the South West Coast Path, taking in the dramatic coastal views, there are also ferries to the other side of the harbour to Bodinnick and Polruan.
– The infamous Eden Project is just 5 miles away, and there are other beautiful gardens nearby.
- - Couryard Garden
- - Entrance Hallway
- - Open-Plan Kitchen, Dining & Living Area
- - Decked Outdoor Terrace With Seating
- - Super-King/Twin Bedroom
- - Twin Bedroom / Snug TV Room
- - Shared Bathroom With Shower
- - Master Suite With En-Suite Bathroom
Travel Cot & High Chair (Available On Request)
Minimum 3 Night Stay
Accepts 1 dog (£40 per dog)
Nearby Pubs & Restaurants
Bamford Bathroom Products